Before I share my favorite stew recipe, I just wanted to apologize I know I said I would start posting twice a week and I didn’t. Sorry I’ve had a lot going on but rest assured I’ll get a routine with my blog and my NEW JOB! That’s right NEW JOB but anyway back to the stew! When I had to go gluten free there were so many things = I never would have thought about gluten in and stew is one of them. Especially if you like a think and hardy stew like I do a lot of people use four to thicken up all their their soups. I also recently moved in with my boyfriend and let me tell you finding recipes that are only for two people that aren’t freezer food is a bitch! So here is the stew for 2 recipe!
Stew for two!
- 3 med carrots
- 4 med or small potatoes
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 med onion
- corn starch
- to thicken up the stew
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb. of stew meat
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of cold water
- salt and pepper
- Chop; carrots, potatoes, onion, & celery into bite sized pieces. Crush the 2 cloves of garlic into small pieces then set aside.
- Sear stew meat in skillet then add it as well as the; broth, carrots, celery, potatoes, garlic and all seasoning to your pot.
- Obviously, you want to let it “stew” ( see what I did there?) as long as possible, especially if you like to cook in your crock pot. But if you are cooking with a stove top pot at least let it simmer for an hour or so, stirring occasionally.’
- Your stew should thicken up as it simmers but if by the end its not as think as you would like then you add a tablespoon of corn starch and here is how ya do it
- you measure out a tablespoon of corn starch and put in in a glass the you take the cold water, not a lot, just enough to dilute the corn starch and mix it up and pour in into the stew.
- make sure to wait 5 to 8 mins before adding another tablespoon of corn starch, you don’t want it to be to thick.