Do you ever not feel like yourself?
This happened to me not to long ago, I had just moved to a new city, and started a new job. I had just jumped into this new life and never adjusted to it . I’d been feeling less and less like myself, like I was just in this funk and I had no idea how to get out of it. Then I got to thinking about what makes me…well me. As I though about it I realized that all I needed was to watch my core movies (you know the ones you can watch like a thousand times and NEVER tire of), re-read my favorite books and listen to my favorite songs! And that’s exactly what I did… So here is my list, and little notes on why I love them!
- Sex and the City
- If you have been following me you know I have always know I started watching this show when I was in high school and I guess that is why it always resonates with me when I get in a funk. The characters are so easy to relate to at any age.
- Legally Blonde
- I mean come on if you are a girl from the south, or really from anywhere for that matter, and Reese Witherspoon is not one of your idols… we just can’t be friends. plus I love haw Ellie pushes herself to be her best self!
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- This one is a classic, and will always have a special place in my heart. This movie is witty, romantic, full of fun and a little heart ace, so basically just perfect! Plus I’ve always loved Audrey Hepburn’s movies. She was always so fashionable, as well as classy and a truly amazing roll model for women around the world.
I was raised in a family that LOVED all kinds of music. There was constantly music playing in the house I grew up in. So here are a few of my favorite songs from now and when I was a teen.
- Sugar Daddy by The Pistol Annies
- Money by Cardi B
- What Would it Take by Anderson East
- Crazy by Kehlani
- Shake it Out by Florence + the Machine
- 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
- Me and My Girls by Fifth Harmony
- And basically anything by Ke$ha
Music has always had such an effect on my mood. The right song can almost instantly change my mood for the better.
- The Woman I Wanted to Be by Diane Von Firstenberg
- This one is very special. From the moment that I learned about DVF and saw her designs I was obsessed! Her book was such a pleasure to read and to get an insight into this amazing woman’s life, her struggles and
- The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
- I love this romantic novel. It is full of love, heart ace and a how time changes people for better and worse.
- How to be a Bawse by Lilly Singh
- I’ve loved Lilly’s youtube channel since I was in high school. Her videos were always so funny and insightful, like a breath of fresh air, and her book was no exception. It is colorful, insightful as well as well as full of great advice.